I climb the steps of the Scott Monument every morning, and all becomes clear. Wish I could make you see this brightness. Don't worry, all is well. All is so perfectly, damnably well. I understand now, that boundaries between noise and sound are conventions. All boundaries are conventions, waiting to be transcended. One may transcend any convention, if only one can first conceive of doing so. Moments like this, I can feel your heart beating as clearly as I feel my own, and I know that separation is an illusion. My life extends far beyond the limitations of me.- Cloud Atlas.
I just got some pictures Jackhammer made last summer when we were cosplaying this version on a convention in Dusseldorf! >3
It’s nice because finally we have decent pictures of our masks. We made them for the mask ball that took place there! Likey! (We decided to “split” a butterfly. For our feels. 8D”)
(Yuuko: Mokona. Watanuki: Me.)
By Buck Young
A long, long time ago, the Earth belonged to the creatures of the wood. By creatures of the wood I mean gnomes and elves, fauns and faeries, goblins, ogres, trolls and bogies, nymphs, sprites, and dryads. They tended it and took care of it, played, danced and sang in it, cared for wounded animals, sat on mushrooms discussing matters of import and drinking Labrador tea, rode down streams on leaves and bark, and parachuted from trees with dandelion seeds. This was the world into which mankind was born.
These early days, when man was but a newly arrived dinner guest who hadn’t yet taken over the entire house, are fairly well documented in the literature and folklore of the world, so there’s no need to go into it here. What I am interested in, and what I am asking you to be interested in, is the question…
“Where did all the gnomes and elves, fauns and faeries, goblins, ogres, trolls and bogies, nymphs, sprites and dryads go?”
1. state your name: Adryrn
2. state the name that your parents almost named you: Irene, Katrina, or Ian (my little brother wound up with the latter.)
3. which of your relatives do you get along with the most? Probably my mom. I don’t have trouble getting along with most of them, though.
5. did anything embarrassing happen this week? Probably, but nothing bad enough that I remember it.
6. white chocolate or dark chocolate? Dark. White chocolate usually has cow milk in it.
7. do people praise you for your looks? Once in awhile.
8. what is your favorite color of clothing to wear? Black. I like red and forest green as accent colors.
9. how do you wear your makeup? Usually just black eyeliner on the lower lid, and even that’s rare. I used to wear lipstick a lot and kind of want to start again but then I’d have to buy lipstick and the kind I want is expensive.
10. what are some of your nicknames? My Chinese name is 傅蓝 (Fù Lán), though it’s been awhile since I’ve used it (we pretty much only went by our Chinese names in the classes I took.) I probably also still respond to Ritsuka (I used to cosplay him and there were people from cons who probably never learned my real name XD.)
11. how many bedrooms are in your house? Two, plus two more that aren’t actually used as bedrooms (and it’s my parents house, not mine.)
12. how many bathrooms? Three.
13. do you have a job? Kind of. It’s extremely part time/seasonal. I operate elevators during college football games.
14. do you have a car? Nope.
15. do you work out every week? No, but I should probably do something about that. I miss capoeira.
16. have you ever kissed someone you never saw again? Yes. And that was my first, too.
19. have you ever sung in front of a crowd? Not by myself. I was in a high school musical, but only sung in the chorus (and I was pretty awful, too =D.)
20. what kind of bathing suit do you wear? Board shorts and a black bikini top.
21. do you like your eyes? Yes.
22. do you think you are pretty? *grins*
23. who was the last person you talked to in person? One of my parents. Probably my mom.
24. how much money is in your account? Seventy-nine cents.
25. are you single? Wrong question. I’m not taken, at any rate.
26. do you want kids? Fuck no. I also resent that my body is capable of hosting them and would like to surgically remedy that sometime soon.
27. tell me what your backpack looks like: It’s like a suitcase but laptop sized. It’s black with a floral pattern.
28. what celebrity do you think is hot? Andrej Pejic and Noomi Rapace.
29. last movie you saw in theaters: The Wind Rises.
30. are you dating the same person you dated last year? Sort of? Another wonky question—person should be plural, and I’m still seeing them but the relationship(s) have cooled off a bit and veered more toward platonic again. Don’t really know where it’s heading at this point.
31. has someone you were dating ever cheated on you? No. Cheating (on me, at least) isn’t really a thing that applies to this relationship, though (which is the only one I’ve ever been in.)
32. have you ever cheated? No.
33: have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’? Yup.
34: What do you like to do in your spare time? Internet, reading, fiction writing, exploring.